Participate: Any Christian who has a word of encouragement to share with God’s precious children may participate.
Have Fun: Programs or parties for letter writing are a fun way to connect with fellow believers. It is a great way for the children or youth to get together and do something productive and effective, but fun. And there’s no pressure to be impressive in your card-making. Just heartfelt.
I believe in you!
You are amazing!
I’m praying for you.
You are a brave person.
May God bless you.
Include Scripture: Write an encouraging scripture verse to give them hope or to remind them of God’s promises to His children. (suggestions below)
Pray for Them: If God moves you to do, so please pray a prayer over the letter for whichever child receives it. Pray for a good future for them and that they become a mighty man/woman of God.
There Are Rules
Jesus Only: Please do not make denominational references. We only want to promote Jesus and the hope that He brings.
No Additional Contact: Please do not put any personal information such as addresses, email addresses, phone numbers or your last name.
Be Cheerful: Please do not reference their poor circumstances or how hard life is for them. This is about encouragement for a brighter future and personal growth.
- paper (computer, construction, scrapbook)
- scissors (plain, decorative)
- tape (plain, decorative)
- glue sticks or liquid (sticks are easier)
- decorative hole punch
- Note: do not use excessive amounts of glitter or things that could be swallowed.
Scripture Message Suggestions
Note: You are free to choose your own scriptures so long as they are encouraging and understandable. “Vengeance is mine”, says the Lord is an encouraging message, but not in the context a child can comprehend.
- God is with you. (Isaiah 41:10)
- You are blessed when you trust Jesus. (Psalm 34:8)
- With Jesus, all things work together for your good. (Romans 8:28)
- He will make your path straight. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- God gives overflows of hope. (Romans 15:13)
- God hears your prayers. (2 Chronicles 7:14)
- God is your helper. (Isaiah 41:13)
- Jesus cares for you. (1 Peter 5:6-7)
- God cheers us up. (Psalm 94:18-19)
- God makes all things new. (Revelation 21:4)
- You are safe with God. (Proverbs 18:10)
- You will not be shaken. (Psalm 16:8)
- God is with you wherever you go. (Psalm 23:4, Isaiah 43:2)
- The Lord is your song. (Psalm 118:14-15)
- God is your shield and your hiding place. (Psalm 119:114)
- God’s promise gives you life. (Psalm 119:50)
- Trusting the Lord brings perfect peace. (Isaiah 26:3)
- You shall fly with wings like eagles. (Isaiah 40:31)
- Jesus gives you rest. (Matthew 11:28)
- With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
- God comforts you. (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)
- You are an encouraging person. (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
- God will supply your every need. (Philippians 4:19)
- Walking with God makes you successful. (Joshua 1:7)
- God helps us in our trouble. (Nahum 1:7)
- Taste and see that the Lord is good. (Psalm 34:8)
- You are fearfully and wonderfully made. (Psalm 139:14)
- You are more than a conqueror. (Romans 8:37)
- You are a child of God. (1 John 3:1)
- The Lord rejoices over you. (Zephaniah 3:17)
- Shout for joy! (Psalm 20:4-5)